Optimizing Your Page Titles Adding meta titles to your pages is the first and simplest thing you will need to do to let search engines know, "Hey, I'm out here, and I'm relevant for this keyword". Every SEO expert will tell you that prior to beginning, they will need to find what the relevant keywords for your site are. Truth be told, this is something you can also do yourself. If your industry is particular (or specific), you probably know it better than any consultant. Do some research, and find out what the most relevant keywords for your site are. Look at your competitor's page titles, for example. Aside from this, I would focus on "long-tail" keywords, which involve phrase-like words and are more specific to a particular topic (3 or 4 words). Long tail keywords convert better, and are easier to rank for. "Natural" Link Building Everyone that has a website has heard about link building, which essentially entails getting other websites to link back to your site. How to do this, however, has changed dramatically in the past few years, and doing it incorrectly can actually hurt you. Recently, Google's algorithms were created in a way to detect "unnatural" links like certain paid links, overdone anchor texts, etc. This can get complicated for a freshman SEO strategist, but the bottom line is, links should not be forced. They should happen organically, and the way to solicit them and be successful at getting good links has a lot to do with the content you create. Great ideas for natural link building involve writing guest posts on interesting blogs, successful social media activity (and building followers), and associating yourself with other bloggers with relative interests. A high-traffic blog is only as good as its content, otherwise readers wouldn't visit it often. If your cause is interesting--and related to a topic fellow bloggers care about--chances are, they will want to talk about you. Fascinate With Content Aside from writing content on other blogs, you also need to write interesting content on your website. In the old days, writing content on your website could include a bunch of gibberish and bad grammar. As long as the targeted keywords were jammed in there somehow, you would have good rankings on search engines. Those days are gone. Nowadays, creating fascinating content is the one distinguishing factor that can be unique to you. From info graphics to video blogs to inspirational stories, you have to put yourself out there. Say something bold. Write about things that people care about. Put out an inspirational image. Make your audience laugh, cry... make your readers identify with your experience. This is my strongest suggestion for any aspiring ecommerce start-up: start with a daily blog, build your followers, and then blend in your ecommerce shopping cart onto your site. If you apply the analogy of the chicken and the egg, content is definitely the egg, which comes first in my book.
петък, 18 януари 2013 г.
1. Google AnalyticsReview: Every website should utilize Google Analytics to track visitors, review keywords, track adsense profits and more. This tool is hands down the best out there and it's free. Simply include a tracking script on your pages provided to you once you sign up and you're set. Don't forget to filter out your own IP addresses for accurate reporting!
Overall Rating: 10/10
2. Hubspot's Website GraderReview: Hubspot generates comprehensive reports that weigh a variety of factors in calculating the final grade. The factors include Google Page Rank, website directory listings (DMOZ, Yahoo!), domain age, etc.
My Site's Result:
Overall Rating: 9/10
3. AlexaReview: Provides more of a high-level overview of your site's rank against their top-ranked sites. If you're in the top 100,000 that's good news and you'll have more to view. For me, perhaps one day I will be up there but for now it seems I've got to climb a few million. Check them out, not sure they deserve the 2-rank, but the site is valuable.
My Site's Result:
Overall Rating: 8.5/10
4. Site Report CardReview: Compete is a very popular tool for webmasters and reminds me of Google Analytics. You can view a lot of information without signing up, which is always a plus. Although, if you want to embed a cool graph like you see below (only cool if you have a lot of visitors... unlike me) then you must register with the website.
My Site's Analytics Graph:
Overall Rating: 8/10
5. QuantcastReview: Quantcast is an uncoming competitor to Alexa and provides good information about higher traffic sites. Analysis includes traffic estimates, audience location and demographic as well as lifestyle. Interesting analysis compared to some of the others.
Overall Rating: 7.5/10
6. BuiltWithReview: BuildWith is becoming one of the more popular free analysis tools on the web. Visitors can look up any site they wish and see detailed traffic, visitor and SEO analysis. I like how they have a "Technology Profile" that shows your server info, tracking system, and frameworks used. They don't give you the whole shebang for free, but you get to see quiet a lot of what BuiltWith has to offer.
Overall Rating: 7/10
7. Site Report CardReview: Site Report Card is a legitimate tool that helps analyze links, meta tags, spelling, keywords and html. Very in depth reports help you resolve the issues it finds. Search engine analysis provides thorough link popularity reporting and search url index totals.
Overall Rating: 6.5/10
8. Xinu ReturnsReview: Xinu Returns is appealing because of its simplicity. All the analysis info is right there for you once you enter your website's URL: the categories include backlinks, syndication, validations, and more. Points off for an annoying pop-up and old look-and-feel.
Overall Rating: 6.5/10
9. Review My WebReview: Reviewmyweb.com is a website review tool that ranks your website against competitors and popular search engines. Unlike hubspot's website grader tool the email field is not opinional (the only way to receive a report is via email). Not sure if they agree not to sell your email address afterwards... hopefully not.
Note: It does take awhile to receive the email containing a link to your website's report. I thought mine never came, but I checked an hour or so after submitting my analysis and it was in my inbox. Once I reviewed the report it was pretty slim but included some helpful information.
10. Submit Express Link PopularityReview: The last and final SEO tool to make this year's list is Submit Express' link popularity checker. This tool is free and will analyze your website's popularity (links) on several indexes and social networks. The report is very basic, but it returns extremely quick results and compares your website's rank to a wide spectrum of results. Worth a check if you feel the need.
Overall Rating: 4/10
Data structuring, accuracy in analysis and perfect reporting is necessary to analyze visitor intelligence and move according to the results of investigation.
Choose the appropriate system for analysis
It is essential to choose right systems for analyzing keyword rankings, search engine volumes, traffic and popularity rates. The main purpose of SEO is to increase ROI of business and most importantly, Key Performance Indicators should be measured.
Marketing software can provide you best suitable measures for your company’s motives and pre-plans. You don’t have to spend a lot in doing manual work and filling Excel sheets, but collecting data from various resources and aligning it though automated analyzing software can really help. An appropriate system can give you ability to make analysis and get reporting properly.
Build proper analysis report
This report is going to help you in long run. You should see the recommendations from these analysis and best online marketing strategies for your website should be chosen.
Building Your Analyses – Start from the End & Work Your Way Back
It’s often easier to plan and build your analysis if you first look at the final product – the recommendations. You can keep a track of your KPI elements and get analysis done in accordance to latest online marketing trends as well as your business priorities.
5 analysis points for attracting traffic intelligence
1) Audience analysis
Elements should be analyzed and other metrics are performed accordingly. Make sure that your keywords are attracting right audience and your efforts bring successful results for generating better ROI for your website.
2) Engaging visitors
You can analyze visit rate, bounce rate and other things from your marketing analysis data. You can assign your keywords to reveal most encouraging results for booming position of your website. Your keywords should attract right traffic, and not just unnecessary visitors.
3) Return On Investment
This analysis can help in measurement of revenue on a keyword or key-phrase. You can apply organic or paid methods, but they should be effective in targeting right keywords and data.
4) Co-relation Analysis
You need to make sure that marketing software enables you to save the data or export it, so that you can make in-depth research about it later on. Every attribute should be co-related to make an in-depth research.
5) Main Goals
The major goals of your business should be determined and webmasters should know what attributes can generate most revenues for their business.
Website SEO Analysis and Reviews is an extension for Google Chrome™ created by AppSpyre that provides extensive analysis reports on a website.
WrankStats provides various SEO recommendations for your website in aim of ranking it to page 1 on Google™, Yahoo™ and Bing™. It is a simple yet powerful marketing tool which designers, developers, search engine and media marketers can utilize in ensure that their website gets quality attention.
Working with the extension is rather simple. You just click the WrankStats icon and you will immediately be taken to your full analysis report ofr your website.
CURRENT FEATURES INCLUDE
- Websites Active Status
- Operation Platform
- Operational Framework
- Current Server Time
- Control Framework
- Server Location
- Meta Tags Analysis (Title, Description, Keywords)
- Relevance of Heading Tags
- Image Consistency
- Words Consistency
- iFrames Analysis
- www-Resolve Analysis
- robots.txt File Speecification
- Sitemap Availability
- Document Type (doctype)
- Page Response Time
- Indexed Pages (Google, Bing)
- Alexa Country Rank
- Traffic Statistics
- Social Mentions (Facebook, Twitter)
That's a whole leap of information you get and it's all completely FREE!
Main features of SEO Doctor are:
* Points out to potential problems and assigns a score for your pages based on currently accepted SEO methodology
* Shows link structure and helps track page rank flow for your pages
* Detects and warns you about pages not indexable by search engines using most comprehensive methods available in any tool
* One-click access to most popular SEO tools allows you to additionally inspect a site
* Fully customizable